daemons last edited by daemons
These are a bit sloppy notes on what exactly "RemoteExecuteScript.exe" does:
- Let <CWD> be the RemoteExecuteScript.exe's parent dir.
- Accepts --silent command line switch which has the effect:
-- No output at all.
-- Even no error messages.
-- Afterwards, silent gets propagated to "FastExecuteScript.exe".
- Out of current interest:
-- Also accepts --remote.
-- And --script, --server, --username, --password for use with --remote.
-- Script can become "invalid" if it's remote but no script or no server specified.
- Currently reasons for valid==false can be only related to --remote.
- For non-remote scripts all generated files are placed into:
<AppsDir> = <CWD>/appslocal
- Looks if "<CWD>/project.xml" exists.
- If not, terminates.
- Reads "EngineVersion" element from "<CWD>/project.xml".
- If "EngineVersion" cannot be read then terminates.
- Generates a SID directory in the format:
<SidDir> = SID<sha256x>
where <sha256x> is first 8 characters of SHA256 hash of the entire "project.xml". On Windows the hash can be generated using:
certutil -hashfile project.xml SHA256
PowerShell snippet to extract only the hash string and get rid of the rest of the output:
$(CertUtil -hashfile project.xml SHA256) -replace " ",""
- Directory for "FastExecuteScript.exe":
<FullSidDir> = <AppsDir>/<ScriptName>/<SidDir>/engine
where <ScriptName> is empty for unnamed local scripts.
- If <FullSidDir> does not exist then proceeds to installation.
- If it exists then runs "FastExecuteScript.exe" with the CWD set to <FullSidDir>.
- Checks if this engine distribution package exists:
- If not, downloads package from the web server.
- Deletes recursively entire temporary dir, if any:
<TmpRootDir> = <AppsDir>/<ScriptName>/temp
- Temporary directory for engine installation to be:
<TmpDir> = <TmpRootDir>/engine
- Unzips either newly downloaded or previously existing engine distro into <TmpDir>.
- Checks if there is a previous installation which means there's some <SIDxxx> directory in <AppsDir> dir. If there are multiple such dirs, a single random one is taken as the previous installation dir:
<PrevDir> = <AppsDir>/<ScriptName>/<SIDxxx>
- Checks if there are any untracked files in the previous installation's subdir:
Untracked files are those files not registered in:
- Copies all untracked files from <CWD> and all of its subdirs into <TmpDir> with directory structure prevented.
- Saves all file names from the engine distro (obtained as file list from the archiver) to "filelist.txt" and:
-- Adds file list file itself ("filelist.txt").
-- Addes "project.xml".
-- ! Does not add any untracked files, i.e. they remain untracked.
- Copies "project.xml" from <CWD> to <TmpDir>.
- Renames <TmpDir> dir to <SidDir>.
- Deletes <PrevDir>.
- In the end, runs "FastExecuteScript.exe" from the new <SidDir> dir with the CWD set to <FullSidDir>.
I'll try to keep this up to date and in line with my current knowledge.