Upload multiple images from same folder one by one on a single session

• I have 10 images in a folder, want to upload it in a website, one by one, in order by filename, on the same session.

So it's like this:
    click website upload button: upload first photo
    click website upload button: upload second photo
    click website upload button: upload third photo
    etc

How to do it?

I created a source with the images folder and set up to use each file only once, but when I want to upload to the website it uploads everytime the first images only.

so what's the point of "use each file only once"?😑

• @rakilo said in Upload multiple images from same folder one by one on a single session:

I have 10 images in a folder, want to upload it in a website, one by one, in order by filename, on the same session.

So it's like this:
    click website upload button: upload first photo
    click website upload button: upload second photo
    click website upload button: upload third photo
    etc

How to do it?

I created a source with the images folder and set up to use each file only once, but when I want to upload to the website it uploads everytime the first images only.

so what's the point of "use each file only once"?😑

when using a resource, disable the "Reuse Resource" option

• @Fox I disabled now, but now upload everytime the second image.

Tried to add a new action copy of "open file result" and only in this way BAS upload a new image.

So what's the solution?

Adding a new action of "open file result" for every image in the folder it's a not a solution especially when you can't know how many images would be in that folder and have to add hundreds of different actions of "open file result"?

@support ?

c3a2f35f-291a-4ada-ae81-01d1f3f2a0d1-image.png

• @rakilo said in Upload multiple images from same folder one by one on a single session:

@Fox I disabled now, but now upload everytime the second image.

Tried to add a new action copy of "open file result" and only in this way BAS upload a new image.

So what's the solution?

Adding a new action of "open file result" for every image in the folder it's a not a solution especially when you can't know how many images would be in that folder and have to add hundreds of different actions of "open file result"?

Use a loop

6bf2fd15-f760-42d0-a63a-b85c4e41ff1b-изображение.png

Test script

• @Fox said in Upload multiple images from same folder one by one on a single session:

@rakilo said in Upload multiple images from same folder one by one on a single session:

So what's the solution?

Use a loop

6bf2fd15-f760-42d0-a63a-b85c4e41ff1b-изображение.png

Test script

Seems to work. Thanks

Anyway should be more intuitive, if the user set up to use the file only one time, then everytime the uploading is called should use a different file and should use the last "open file result" action before the uploading is called on the website.

@Fox said in Upload multiple images from same folder one by one on a single session:

@rakilo said in Upload multiple images from same folder one by one on a single session:

So what's the solution?

Use a loop

Test script

Seems to work. Thanks

Anyway should be more intuitive, if the user set up to use the file only one time, then everytime the uploading is called should use a different file and should use the last "open file result" action before the uploading is called on the website.

This is already as intuitive as possible, since no one else has addressed this question except you (or there were very few of these questions)

• @Fox said in Upload multiple images from same folder one by one on a single session:

@Fox said in Upload multiple images from same folder one by one on a single session:

So what's the solution?

Use a loop

Test script

Seems to work. Thanks

This is already as intuitive as possible, since no one else has addressed this question except you (or there were very few of these questions)

///

So the user use for the first time the software, see a function to add resources and the option to "use each file only once" he thinks that this is enough to use each file only once, but then the software still use the same file everytime if the use don't disable and other function to don't reuse the same file.

Then neither that is enough to use each file only once and upload 10 photos to a website and need to use a loop counting how many files are inside the folder.

How can this be intuitive?

So what's the solution?

Use a loop

Test script

Seems to work. Thanks

///

So the user use for the first time the software, see a function to add resources and the option to "use each file only once" he thinks that this is enough to use each file only once, but then the software still use the same file everytime if the use don't disable and other function to don't reuse the same file.

Then neither that is enough to use each file only once and upload 10 photos to a website and need to use a loop counting how many files are inside the folder.

How can this be intuitive?

Do you really think I'm going to argue with you?

• @Fox and how to upload an undetermined number of photos (chosen by user) from a folder of 1000 images, one by one, on a single session?

Example, the first execution the user upload 4 images, the second time 9 images etc.