Irritating Updates

• Why does every single update screw up my bots? I mean, we've had so many updates now with database filters, tables, and fields being completely deleted - and now, perfectly-running code all of the sudden has a parse error that I can't delete enough stuff to fix. I don't build it, to rebuild it. I build it to RUN!

This is insane! (I think this is easier than all of the trouble trying to re-figure out the support system that used to work differently, yes?)

Rob

• @RobC said in Irritating Updates:

Why does every single update screw up my bots? I mean, we've had so many updates now with database filters, tables, and fields being completely deleted - and now, perfectly-running code all of the sudden has a parse error that I can't delete enough stuff to fix. I don't build it, to rebuild it. I build it to RUN!

This is insane! (I think this is easier than all of the trouble trying to re-figure out the support system that used to work differently, yes?)

Rob

You have already been given an exhaustive answer in premium support. When switching to your project, if you see such an icon:

b608281d-9ef0-4908-a0cc-4d75737745c8-изображение.png

you need to restart BAS BEFORE opening the project in "record" mode. Then, when updating, there will be no problems with actions that are related to the database

• Exactly my point. I shouldn't have to open BAS, then close BAS, then open BAS on an update, with my tables being at risk every time. The update process should run as a single, comprehensive action.

The new issue where the same code that ran fine in a previous and runs fine in Record mode but now throws a Parse Error in Run Mode is also very frustrating. I delete the action and it just highlights the action above it as the offending action. I can keep deleting, and it will keep assigning new actions.

Exactly my point. I shouldn't have to open BAS, then close BAS, then open BAS on an update, with my tables being at risk every time. The update process should run as a single, comprehensive action.

At the moment, working with the database embedded in BAS is implemented exactly like this. If it is difficult for you to restart the BAS when changing the project in which the database is present, you can use the "SQL" module and work with any other database.

The new issue where the same code that ran fine in a previous and runs fine in Record mode but now throws a Parse Error in Run Mode is also very frustrating. I delete the action and it just highlights the action above it as the offending action. I can keep deleting, and it will keep assigning new actions.

You may have worked with your project in two open BAS windows at the same time, attach the problematic project

@Fox BAS Bandlab Liker.xml

The problem is in the curly bracket in the expression of the action "Set variable" id 429398421

def75252-1533-4d4b-8f99-c5f019e850c9-изображение.png

• @Fox This corrected the problem and allowed it to run in both Record Mode and Run Mode. Thank you.