Unable to open project with new BAS

• Hello,

I've just upgraded to the latest BAS (24.1.1 I believe) and when I open my project files, it seems to corrupt them. I am running Windows 10 x64. After I upgraded, I managed to open one of my projects and it went fine, and it asked me to upgrade all the functions, which I did, and that file can be opened & used normally. Then, I tried to open another project file (one of my main projects), and it completely corrupted the file, it cannot be opened anymore.

I tried to open a file and clicked record, then it says "Starting Record" forever, never finishes. After a few minutes in the log I see "Thread #1 : Timeout during creating new process"

The main issue here is that I have no backup of this source file that has now been corrupted, I can't open it in BAS 24.1.1 and I think when I opened it the first time it corrupted the file, how can I recover the source code and move it over to a new file that can be opened?

I can't share the file publicly but I am able to send in PM to staff/admin here to help me if that's possible...please let me know what I should do.

For now I am going to try downgrading to 24.0.5 which I had before and will attempt to make it open in that somehow. Wish me luck :D Will report back if that fixes it.

BAS Error.png

• @fgsb said in Unable to open project with new BAS:

The main issue here is that I have no backup of this source file that has now been corrupted, I can't open it in BAS 24.1.1 and I think when I opened it the first time it corrupted the file, how can I recover the source code and move it over to a new file that can be opened?

BAS saves backups approximately along this path

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\BrowserAutomationStudio\projectbackups

It's more like you don't have enough resources on your PC

• Unfortunately during the process of trying to fix this, I uninstalled & re-installed BAS so everything is gone including those automatic backups.

Also, it's not a resource situation, I have tried to open the script on several machines, ranging from medium specs 6 core 32gb ram / SSD to 16 core 64gb ram 1TB SSD high end servers, its not based on resources.

Attached a sample script below that got corrupted.

ScrapeLinks.xml